I’m sure most of us, when going out to eat at places listed, aren’t intending on having a “healthy” meal. We’re there to have a good time, good food and, most importantly to the caloric count, take a doggy bag home. Most total calories on these items can be automatically cut in half.
Here’s a look see at a few of the items:
19. Worst Drink – Jamba Juice. MH is looking at a 30 oz drink…almost a quart. Anything a quart in volume is going to be caloric dense. A reasonable size of 12 oz would be about 300 cal, have 10% of the RDA of vitamin D and calcium.
17. Worst “healthy” Burger – how does its name imply it’s healthy? Just because it’s turkey? I can’t find anything on Ruby Tuesday’s website claiming a health benefit. BTW…Men’s Health misquotes (inflates) the actual reported nutritional information of this product.
16. Worst Mexican Entrée – that’s the best (worst) they could do. How about On the Border’s Double Stacked Club w/ Jalapeño Ranch Dressing at 1900 cal and 1143 of the cal are from fat. Do some homework Men’s Health.
11. Worst Steak – Hey, its 20 oz of beef. That much isn’t healthy for anybody. Divided by 4 people and you have a manageable 400 cal/per person. Men’s Health, you’re going strictly by quantity why not list
8. Worst Chinese Entrée – Again, a misquote of what’s posted on PF Chang’s website for nutritional information. Perhaps “misquote” is an understatement Men’s Health says, 1820 calories, website says 473 calories.