Conventional Wisdom says a dog only needs to be the recipient of skunk venom once for a lifelong impression. Rosco doesn't appreciate CW. Yet.
However, when the skunk spray is a direct hit mayhem ensues. Such as, wallowing in the dirt including the tongue and mouthfuls of dirt , eyes watering, awful whines and that's not even imagining the toil on the ultra-sensitive olfactory nerves.
I suppose Rosco doesn't like it much either.
But I, on the other hand, have found the perfect anti-venom to the dastardly odoriferous spray of the polecat.
In a plastic bucket mix 32 oz of hydrogen peroxide with 1/4 cup of baking soda and a tablespoon of mild liquid dishwashing detergent and a splash or two of water. Soak sprayed pooch with water. Cover said pooch with the peroxide mixture and lather. Let set for about 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary. Repetition is highly unlikely. This works great! Make an effort to avoid the eyes, but remember, the spray is usually a direct hit on the face so wash accordingly.