- If the first series fake punt, fake reverse and bootleg for a touchdown is any indication, this season is going to be spectacular.
- Is it just my eyes going bad or did the referees orange stripped shirts look to have a pink tint from a distance? Even in HD. I respect history as much as the next guy, but, NFL, not every thing in the past is a good idea. I consider the orange stripped shirts a bad idea.
- Speaking of refs...the head ref had all the excitement of a mortician.
- The NBC production crew was spot-on; the broadcast booth had some cobwebs.
- I've loved John Madden ever since he coached Oakland. Loved him even more as a color commentator, he revolutionized the booth. But for some reason I don't think I'll miss him much this season. Good luck in retirement, John.
- TO = 2fer2
- This will be Vince Young's pivotal season. It's now or never, baby.
- Replays on NBC are being called "NBCeeIT". Lame. Must have been a rush job from a summer intern. Bet it doesn't last through September, but maybe they can sell it, on a discount, to ABC for the winter Olympics.
- Full disclosure - I'm a huge Cowboys fan. My season's prediction for Dallas = 9-7, 3rd in the Eastern Division.
Monday, August 10, 2009
It's Football Season, WooHoo!!
Last night's NFL Hall of Fame Game marks the starting of the 2009-10 football season. Normally I'm not a big fan of pre-season games, but for some reason I'm really excited about this season. With that in mind here are a few thoughts spurred from last night's game.