Can you believe O44 is trying to shape our youth with this agenda? Has another president set that precedent? (see what I did there?)
For those of you to busy to actually review yesterday's address to school children, I’ve pulled the twenty most important quotes from the four-minute read.
20. Pay attention to those teachers. Listen to your parents, grandparents and other adults.
19. Put in the hard work it takes to succeed.
18. Every single one of you has something you're good at. Every single one of you has something to offer.
17. No matter what you want to do with your life - I guarantee that you'll need an education to do it.
16. You can't drop out of school and just drop into a good job.
15. I did some things I'm not proud of, and got in more trouble than I should have.
14. Where you are right now doesn't have to determine where you'll end up.
13. Here in
12. I'm calling on each of you to set your own goals for your education - and to do everything you can to meet them.
11. Being successful is hard.
10. You won't necessarily succeed at everything the first time you try.
9. You can't let your failures define you - you have to let them teach you.
8. If you get in trouble, that doesn't mean you're a troublemaker, it means you need to try harder to behave.
7. If you get a bad grade, that doesn't mean you're stupid, it just means you need to spend more time studying.
6. No one's born being good at things, you become good at things through hard work.
5. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.
4. Find an adult you trust - a parent, grandparent or teacher; a coach or counselor - and ask them to help you stay on track to meet your goals.
3. When you give up on yourself, you give up on your country.
2. I expect great things from each of you.
And the number one quote is:
Don't ever give up on yourself.
Now, would you really, really want your child to be influenced with this content…by the leader of our country? Some parents and ISDs should reconsider the taking of a stand.
Give it some thought.